Saturday, April 13, 2013

Look Du Jour: Head to Toe

The day started with a sweet beauty episode, as I got to play with my leftover curls from the Beau Monde Society event & my new favorite lipstick found in the event swag bag courtesy of Motives Cosmetics. FUN! And what do I style with my frothy hair & flirty lips? The most rustic outfit I've worn in months, of course! Ha! What can I say...I love juxtaposition! After weeks of unpacking & rediscovering old faves, it was a welcomed change. And a new fashion frontier for yours truly...
I have always felt a bit apprehensive about head to to toe denim/chambray ensembles- usually dismissing it to the "Kate Moss only" category. But I was feeling quite bold & suddenly decided it was now or never. Not having worn denim in months, I was thrilled to dust these high waist babies off & take em out for a spin! 
I was looking forward to wearing the ensemble as is, but NYC weather had another plan in mind, so layer I did. No need to fret, this head to toe look will have it's day in the sun...it's just not today. 
As I post this I realize you may recognize the chambray button down from last month's anniversary Tour de Brooklyn post. And I can promise you will be seeing more of it. I love this top- so versatile & fun- I want to wear it with everything!
Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!
(high waist denim, lace cardi- F21/ chambray studded collar button down, turquoise silver ring, brown messenger bag- UO/ leopard print skinny belt, boots, plaid cape- buffalo exchange/ multi leopard print necklace & other jewelry- thrifted






 

No comments:

Post a Comment