Sunday, April 14, 2013

Thrifting like it's my job..

We got an early start Saturday morning and hit the thrift stores a' running! And when I say running I mean more like speed walking...running in is against the rules. Buy the Bag at The Housing Works Thrift Shop in Brooklyn, NY was a blast! It is just you, 40 large cages stacked with goodies, and your fellow Olympic worthy thrift store enthusiasts, all going for the gold. As the dusts settles, all that's left is devoured bins and the lot of us- heaving and love drunk- left to examine the goods we scored during our hunt. We all leave fat and happy, having gorged merrily on all the thrifting one could handle for the day, with our $25 shopping bags stuffed to the absolute brim. I loved every moment.
 We ended up making a day of it- just three girls with luggage and laundry bags full of thrift store scores wandering the neighborhood, eating lunch on a stoop, and searching for an "underground art party" promising free wine which we never find, eventually deciding on a quick impromptu photo shoot before heading home, all within a four block radius...only in New York! 
Below are a few shots of my favorite finds. You will see them again shortly. 
I could not wait to put on this scarf as a turban. Marie gave me some new turban tips and I am officially hooked!
 equestrian style blazer and seersucker
 white trench for spring- tho my hunt for the perfect khaki one continues
 and a 60's style winter coat
 a shawl posing as a blanket posing as a cape...yes, please
this 80's- reminiscent of Victorian- beauty
 tribal jumper and fringe leather bag
 These were easily my two favorite pieces: a pastel pink column skirt perfect for spring and this white shirt has all the qualities I need to harbor infatuation- vintage, polka dot, sheer, over sized, collared, button down WITH pretty buttons...did I mention it's white?? Yes, the obsession with all things blanc continues.
  
They just don't make 'em like that anymore... <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment