Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Look du Jour: Seersucker & Pearls

In my heart, I know Coco Chanel would have approved of this outfit. Sure, she would have insisted I discard an accessory or four. But from the the minimal color palette to the chapeau and layers of pearls, the chic mademoiselle would not have been able to resist this casual, borrowed from the boys look. 
 I do admit...I have always been a fool for seersucker. At the core, there is an old south, dapper quality to it, but at it's peak it can definitely adopt a grand dandy-man feel which I adore. These particular trousers were scooped up at our marathon buy-the-bag thrifting day for one whole US dollar. I do believe we'll be seeing more of these throughout the spring.
(tuxedo blouse, men's seersucker trousers, leopard print lace-up shoes- thrifted/ pearl necklace, chapeau, stripe belt- buffalo exchange/ handbag- UO)











Thanks to my sis-n-law, Lizeth, for making these gorgeous, framed monograms with vintage buttons for my husband & I, they are possibly one of my favorite gifts ever! And they seem to fit right in with this 20's inspired ensemble<3

No comments:

Post a Comment